Volunteer Position – Event Coordinator
|VOLUNTEER POSITION:||Event Coordinator, AIMCanada
|TERM: || Available for Application
- Current Resume
- Availability Schedule/Timetable
- Volunteer Orientation which includes knowledge of AIMCanada’s Mandate, Programs and Donation Policy
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Set up separate gmail account for all AIMCanada emails
- Open Mentor File with Mentor Coordinator
- Complete AIMCanada Agreement
|SKILLS REQUIRED:||SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Superior client and volunteer relationship skills with a focus on development and retention.
- Public speaking and Powerpoint presentation.
- Coordinating an Event Ambassador Team for Special Events
- Planning, marketing and volunteer coordinator for fundraising events and Youth-Mentor Business Dinners.
- Research and call possible Donor or Corporate Mentor Candidate Companies.
GENERAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Promotion and sales skills including Cold Call and following a Script
- Maintaining strict confidentiality
- Presentations at Board Meetings and Marketing/Fun(d)raising Meets
- Attending Meetings and Events
- Working with cooperatively and collaboratively with other Volunteers
- Exceptional, Professional presentation and deportment.
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Oversee phoning group if needed and ensure appropriateness, accuracy and clear communication of those phoning.
- The Volunteer Event Coordinator are responsible for all details of Youth-Mentor Business Dinners including Ticket Sales and any Special Events during the term of this volunteer appointment.
- In this January 30 to June 30, 2014 term this includes: 1 Youth-Mentor Business Dinner on Thursday, February 28, 2014 and Benefit Fun(d)raising Event: Richard Wagamese Storytelling Event on Saturday March 8, 2014.
- Providing regular reports to Project Leader or Regional Director as specified.
- Direct and respond to information requests for AIMCanada programs: Be a Mentor; Request a Mentor and Founding Donor Campaign.
- Assist with setup and attending of AIMCanada Booth at: TRU Welcome Back BBQ (early September), TRU Club Day (early January), TRU Employment Fair and other community events.
- Prior to completion of Term establish process and standards and write these up for next Term.
- Notify the Regional Director if you wish to continue your AIMCanada volunteering next quarter.
- Book a Career Counselling appointment with one of AIMCanada’s Career Counsellors to ensure your resume is marketing you.
- Consultation with Volunteer Regional Director
- Policy and Procedures Manual
- Standard File Saving and Standard Forms Templates
- Ensure that data bases are accurate and updated.
- Confidentiality Policy
- Social Media and Email Policy
- Screening Policy
- AIMCanada Volunteer Agreement