Volunteer Position – Development Team – Public Relations/Special Events
|VOLUNTEER POSITION:||Media/Public Relations/Webpage – Development Team
|Project Assigned || Richard Wagamese: “Power of Storytelling” Evening
|TERM: ||Available after June 30th
- Current Resume
- Availability Schedule/Timetable
- Volunteer Orientation which includes knowledge of AIMCanada’s Mandate and Programs
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Set up separate gmail account for all AIMCanada emails
- Knowledge of editorial writing, news reporting, editing processes and public presentation.
- Working knowledge of AIMCanada’s Programs and Donation Process
- Developing Media Releases and fanout email file for media release.
- Connecting with CBC
- Concise and timely news reporting
- Working cooperatively and collaboratively with other Volunteers
- Professional presentation and deportment
- Portfolio of work.
- The Volunteer Media/Public Relations/Webpage Assistant is responsible for providing editorial content and reporting of AIMCanada activities and announcements.
- Updating news content and releases on AIMCanada Social Media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Input into webpage development. Use United Way Canada webpage as an general guide to Media/Public relations format.
- Provide Media and Public Relations support to Founding Donor Campaign Coodinator and Marketing/Fun(d)raising Team
- Scheduling and Coordinating, Proofreading, reviewing and posting regular updates to AIMCanada webpage and TNC AIMCanada webpage including: President’s Report; Regional Director Report; Events; and other. President and Volunteer Regional Director every quarter (Jan,April,July and September) and other regular webpage content.
- Direct to Computer/Office Assistants or Volunteer Regional Director any requests for AIMCanada programs: Be a Mentor; Request a Mentor and Founding Donor Campaign.
- Prior to completion of Term establish process and standards and write these up for next semester.
- Notify the Regional Director if you wish to continue you AIMCanada volunteering next quarter.
- Book a Career Counselling appointment with one of AIMCanada’s Career Counsellors to ensure your resume is marketing you.
- Consultation with Volunteer Regional Director and Acting President, BOD AIMCanada
- Regional Director to develop content
- Volunteer Webpage Manager
- Policy and Procedures Manual
- Public Relations and Media Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Social Media and Email Policy
- Screening Policy