Volunteer Position – Computer Office Assistant
- Volunteer Orientation which includes knowledge of AIMCanada’s Mandate and Programs
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Set up separate gmail account for all AIMCanada emails
- Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, Outlook and Facebook.
- Internet searches and research.
- Maintaining KARR, online Auction and AIMCanada Facebook pages
- Taking, posting and editing pictures.
- Public speaking or willingness to learn
- Making Marketing and Fun(d)raising Call
- Phone canvassing for Events, Business Promotional Days or Silent Auction. Following a script.
- Attending Meetings and Events
- Working with cooperatively and collaboratively with other Volunteers
- Professional presentation and deportment
- Clear written and verbal communication
|RESPONSIBLE FOR:||The Volunteer Computer/Office Assistant is responsible for providing office coverage, office assistance and guidance to relevant procedure and policy to AIMCanada Board of Directors, Volunteer Regional Director, Development Team and Career Counsellors.
Direct and respond to information requests for AIMCanada programs: Be a Mentor; Request a Mentor and Founding Donor Campaign.
- Check and Update Facebook page, Webpage and Online Auction daily.
- Phone followups and coordinating pickups for Silent Auction items.
- Maintaining accuracy and currency of data bases.
- Wordprocessing and graphic design of letters, brochures and Facebook graphics.
- Assist with setup and attending of AIMCanada Booth at: TRU Welcome Back BBQ (early September), TRU Club Day (early January), TRU Employment Fair and other community events.
- Prior to completion of Term establish process and standards and write these up for next semester.
- Notify the Regional Director if you wish to continue you AIMCanada volunteering next quarter.
- Book a Career Counselling appointment with one of AIMCanada’s Career Counsellors to ensure your resume is marketing you.
- Consultation with Volunteer Regional Director and Volunteer Executive Assistants
- Policy and Procedures Manual
- Standard File Saving and Standard Forms Templates
- Orientating new phone canvassers. Oversee phoning group if needed and ensure appropriateness, accuracy and clear communication of those phoning.
- Ensure that data bases are accurate and updated.
- Confidentiality Policy
- Social Media and Email Policy
- Screening Policy