Volunteer Position – Accounting Assistant
|VOLUNTEER POSITION:||Accounting Team – Accounting Assistant/Projects
|REPORTS TO:||Volunteer Regional Director, Bookkeeping or Accounting
|PRE-REQUISITES:||Current Resume, A completed term with AIMCanada, and Accounting Training and experience.
|AVAILABILITY/SCHEDULE/TIMELINE||Volunteer Orientation which includes knowledge of AIMCanada’s Mandate, Programs and Donation Policy
Set up separate gmail account for all AIMCanada emails
- Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, Outlook and Simply Accounting
- Knowledge daily and monthly processing
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processing
- Presentations at Board Meetings and Marketing/Fun(d)raising Meets
- Public speaking or willingness to learn
- Attending Meetings and Events
- Working with cooperatively and collaboratively with other Volunteers
- Professional presentation and deportment
- Clear written and verbal communication
|RESPONSIBLE FOR:||The Volunteer Accounting Assistant (s) is responsible for providing weekly and monthly accounting processing including GL posting, A/R and A/P; banking; and bank reconciliation. Statements are turned into the Regional Director after month end. Flags any financial concerns to Regional Director.
Developing and providing spreadsheet forms for: Event Budget and Profit Statement, Event Cash Sheet, General Budget Monitoring, Founding Donor Campaign, Youth-Mentor Business Dinner, and Promotional Days Events for Marketing/Fun(d)raising Team.
- Takes direction of Sponsor Accounting or Bookkeeping company and implements procedures.
- Following accounting and computer backup procedures and policies.
- Direct and respond to information requests for AIMCanada programs: Be a Mentor; Request a Mentor and Founding Donor Campaign.
- Assist with setup and attending of AIMCanada Booth at: TRU Welcome Back BBQ (early September), TRU Club Day (early January), TRU Employment Fair and other community events.
- Prior to completion of Term establish process and standards and write these up for next semester.
- Notify the Regional Director if you wish to continue you AIMCanada volunteering next quarter.
- Book a Career Counselling appointment with one of AIMCanada’s Career Counsellors to ensure your resume is marketing you.
- Consultation with Volunteer Regional Director and Bookkeeping or Accounting Firm
- Policy and Procedures Manual
- Standard File Saving and Standard Forms Templates
- Ensure that data bases are accurate and updated.
- Confidentiality Policy
- Social Media and Email Policy
- Screening Policy